Billing and Compliance Specialist - Utilities
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Billing and Compliance Specialist - Utilities|
|Salary:||$23.49 - $32.89 Hourly|
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
This recruitment will remain open until filled with the first review of applications on 3/21/19 and weekly thereafter. This recruitment may close at any time after 3/21/19 without notice.
Incumbent is responsible for creating Town of Queen Creek utility bills and ensuring utility accounts are billed timely, accurately, and are timely received by Town customers. Includes establishing, billing, adjusting, auditing, and processing utility accounts; system testing, monitoring, analyzing and correcting utility billing discrepancies; making billing adjustments; creating and reviewing reports to identify billing errors and quality controls; reviewing unusual utility account activity and making necessary adjustments.
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
1. Utilizes operational systems to calculate, create, print, and distribute accurate and timely utility bills to Town of Queen Creek customers;
2. Analyzes and generates statistical reports, forms, and other system documents to ensure quality of output, to identify billing issues and to make necessary changes in the billing system;
3. Routinely monitors and evaluates effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy of system and reports and responds accordingly. Administers and modify current reports and/or creates new ones;
4. Handles special investigations of non-routine billing discrepancies; and identifying and working with Utilities to correct meter reading errors that affect billing;
5. Verifies accuracy and imports vital data from other peripheral systems (meter reading, payment processing, etc.) into the utility billing system;
6. Supports system administration by testing new and existing systems, programs, upgrades and any peripheral system or devices that interface with the utility billing system;
7. Analyzes problems and works with IT to make modifications when needed to ensure successful migration into existing billing system and any new systems or upgrades.
8. Assists in evaluating and created Standard Operating Procedures used in Customer Service;
9. Prepares and/or updates graphs or Excel spreadsheets in order to maintain, analyze, and track customer data, billing information, and meter reading statistics;
10. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
Associate's Degree or technical certificate in related field and three years full-time experience in a utility provider environment involving billing customers, billing procedures, quality controls, reports, account maintenance, and customer contact skills; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Knowledge (position requirements at entry):|
Skills (position requirements at entry):