Customer Service Supervisor - Utilities
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Customer Service Supervisor - Utilities|
|Salary:||$56,418.23 - $80,585.41 Annually |
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
This recruitment will remain open continuously with the first review of applications on 12/27/18 and every Thursday thereafter. This recruitment may close at any time after 12/27/18 without notice.
Incumbent plans, coordinates and supervises a work unit of employees who provide general account information, maintain water accounts, research customer's billings, collect payments, investigate service complaints, and manage delinquent accounts all while maintaining a focus on productivity and innovation, ensuring accuracy and timely billing and collection of customer service charges, and ensuring staff is efficient and effective in providing excellent customer service. Responsibilities include planning and overseeing customer services operations and all related utility billing activities; preparing and analyzing reports; providing input related to customer service functions for special projects; making budget recommendations, and setting goals and ensuring all goals and objectives are met. Performs advanced office duties; organizes and maintains records. Incumbent supervises customer service support staff including assigning and monitoring work, conducting performance evaluations, coordinating and providing training; implementing hiring, discipline and termination procedures.
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
1.Supervises staff to include: prioritizing, assigning and monitoring work; coaching and conducting performance evaluations and following staff discipline and termination procedures; ensuring staff are trained; monitoring to ensure that staff follow policies and procedures; assisting in staff hiring;
2. Provides coordination and oversight of resources including scheduling and supervision of work flow to ensure quality operations and adequate coverage. Develops, implements and updates procedures and practices to effectively manage customer service delivery;
3. Continuously looks to improve operations by decreasing turnaround times, streamlining work processes, researching, evaluating, planning and implementing employee training, new policies and procedures, workflow and process analysis, and enhanced technology;
4. Analyzes and prepares accurate statistics regarding operational efficiency and effectiveness; makes recommendations for service improvement and enhancement; develops and implements quality control procedures to evaluate customer service processes and employees' work;
5. Provides pro-active performance planning; implement and achieve measurable performance goals and objectives; outlines professional development and success plans for staff maintains job competencies throughout the team; and maintains effective and consistent one-on-one dialogue with all employees on a regular basis;
6. Gathers pertinent facts and statistics, make thorough analysis, arrive at sound conclusions, and report research findings and recommendations in a clear, complete, and logical form;
7. Participate in the analysis of utility billing related business processes and software systems and recommend changes; assist in the testing and implementation of new or upgrade of existing software systems and provides applicable training to staff;
8. Manages daily cash balancing activities, assists in locating discrepancies; prepares reports; trains staff; manages petty cash and change fund;
9. Handles the investigation and resolution of elevated customer concerns and complaints in a timely manner; assists customer service staff to resolve issues before they need to be elevated;
10. Serves as liaison with department staff and representatives of other divisions and/or departments on administrative and operational matters; resolves operational problems related to customer service support function;
11. Makes budget recommendations concerning customer service staff and resources needed;
12. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
Associates degree or technical certificate in related field and four years relevant experience related to the area assigned and one year of lead/supervisory experience related to the area assigned; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Knowledge (position requirements at entry):|
Skills (position requirements at entry):