Digital Media Specialist
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Digital Media Specialist|
|Closing Date/Time:||Sun. 10/20/19 11:59 PM Arizona Time|
|Salary:||$65,312.72 - $94,703.60 Annually |
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
Incumbents provide professional support to the Communications, Marketing and Recreation Department through developing, writing, and/or editing digital and electronic communications and marketing materials. Responsible for editing, maintaining, and updating the Town's digital media, including the public facing website, social media platforms, mobile applications support, videos, infographics, etc.
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
1.Handles electronic and digital media activities; prepares and disseminates electronic information; updates the Town's social media platforms; film and edit videos; creates infographics; and assists with all social media campaigns for the Town.
2.Writes and edits content for all digital platforms.
3.Updates the Town's websites; creates, edits or deletes pages; coordinates the regular review with departments of all pages, designs and features of the website to ensure they are accurate, consistent, interactive, easily navigable, visually appealing, and reflect appropriate image of the Town; works with appropriate Vendor(s) to troubleshoot the Town website.
4.Manages the Town's social media ambassador program and multi-departmental Communications Resource Team, providing training and guidance, holding regular meetings to update the groups on changing social media and web policies and analytics.
5.Supports Town digital communication technologies and mobile device applications.
6.Creates inforgraphics for use on digital platforms to help illustrate complicated topics of interest to the community.
7.Maintains statistics about visitation on Town websites and social media sites.
8.Takes and edits photographs and video for a variety of uses (PSAs, marketing, etc.).
9.Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in journalism, communications, information technology, public administration, or a related field; one year of responsible experience involving digital media and website development, marketing, communications, or a related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. The hiring department may include assignment specific job related experience, training or license and certification preferences at the time of recruitment.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Knowledge (position requirements at entry):|
* Principles, procedures and strategies of electronic and digital communications in a public sector environment;
* Journalistic standards and principles and practices relating to professional writing and correspondence, including Associated Press style;
* Computer software and applications related to website development and maintenance, and video creation;
* Social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest;
* Marketing and research methods, principles and procedures;
* Customer service principles.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
* Problem solving and decision making;
* Research, analysis, and the preparation of recommendations to management;
* Computer software including website development, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications;
* Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.