Overall Job Objective
|Closing Date/Time:||Tue. 11/20/18 6:00 PM Arizona Time|
|Salary:||$22.20 - $31.09 Hourly|
$46,186.31 - $64,660.79 Annually
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
Incumbents may be assigned to any of the following areas: 1) Public Works, 2) Utilities, 3) Pre-treatment Coordinator, 4) Building Inspection, 5) Solid Waste Inspector. Depending upon assignment, incumbents perform site/field inspections on Town CIP and private projects; monitoring and testing of soils, concrete, asphalt, sewer, water, utilities, and pipe installations; inspection of solid waste and recycling efforts of Town residents; conduct meetings, and prepare final acceptance and other reports to management.
*****This jposition will be assigned to Building Inspection *****
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
For Building Inspection Assignment:
1. Perform on-site building inspections for compliance with Town and other applicable building codes, including but not limited to, structural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, fire safety, health, and other applicable codes; prepares resulting inspection reports;
2. Provides assistance to contractors, builders, designers, and architects in the development of alternative ideas to meet code and ordinance requirements;
3. Promotes building codes and departmental programs and services to the community;
4. Performs lot locations checks to ensure compliance with zoning and developmental ordinances;
5. Maintains accurate records and report of daily inspections, including notes and writing correction notices left on-site;
6. Researches and responds to technical inquiries and complaints from contractors, builders, builder owners, and other Town departments;
7. Assists customers with questions related to building codes;
8. Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions, follows Town-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring; operations and maintains Town vehicle in a safe manner, performs daily inspections; documents maintenance defects and malfunctions;
Applicable to ALL assignments:
1. Operate a motor vehicle, personal computer, general office equipment, measuring devices, camera, ladder, level, temperature gun, manhole crowbar, hydrant wrench, shovel, hand tools or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, database, e-mail, internet, or other computer program.
2. Perform related duties as assigned.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
High school diploma or G.E.D. and three years construction experience, with one year directly related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Knowledge (position requirements at entry):|
Applicable for all assignments
* Construction means and methods; conformity to plans and specifications;
* Job site safety; OSHA guidelines; basic traffic control;
* Dispute resolution;
* Testing procedures in all areas of off-sites;
* Basic engineering principles;
* Customer service principles;
* A high understanding of personal computer operations in Microsoft Office applications and various types of spread sheets;
* Ability to apply principles of persuasion and/or influence over others.
For Building Inspection duties, knowledge of:
* Construction material specification and utilization;
* Residential building inspection and code enforcement practices, principles, procedures and methods;
* Technical building codes, regulations, and guidelines;
* Federal, State, Town and County codes, ordinances, and laws;
* Customer service principles.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
Applicable to all assignments:
* Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction through communicating in person and cell phone/radio.
For Building Inspection duties, skill in:
* Understanding, interpreting and applying codes and ordinances;
* Apply codes to actual designs and construction conditions;
* Reading plans and interpreting building codes;