Maintenance and Operations Assistant - Parks and Grounds Maintenance
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Maintenance and Operations Assistant - Parks and Grounds Maintenance|
|Salary:||$14.66 - $20.55 Hourly|
$1,172.59 - $1,644.35 Biweekly
$30,487.43 - $42,753.11 Annually
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
|OPEN UNTIL FILLED; FIRST REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS JUNE 27, 2019. POSITION MAY CLOSE AT THAT TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.|
This is an entry level into the maintenance series. Incumbents perform basic, routine custodial, building, grounds, streets maintenance and repair, or general manual labor. Incumbents may also operate tools and equipment such as utility vehicles, tractors, pressure washers, mowers and small dump trucks. Specific duties will vary with area of assignment.
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
When assigned to Parks and Ground Maintenance Division:
1. Performs basic, routine horticultural maintenance, and weed/pest management; property and wash clean-ups; athletic and special event preparation, including maintenance for athletic fields, restrooms, equestrian areas, courts flood control areas, and irrigation systems.
2. Performs custodial duties, including cleaning and sanitizing all necessary areas, emptying trash and recycling and floor mopping.
3. Miscellaneous projects and repairs.
4. Meeting set up and tear down.
5. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., and one year of related experience depending on area of assignment, which may include industrial custodial, parks and streets maintenance, or general labor experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Staff members assigned to Parks and Grounds must successfully complete a five (5) week arborist training class, eight (8) hours of formal playground safety inspection training, multiple equipment operation trainings, annual OPM certified chemical safety training, and numerous minor safety trainings.
This position has been identified as a safety-sensitive position by Human Resources, per State and/or Federal Law. Upon conditional offer of employment, the candidate selected will be required to undergo testing for alcohol and controlled substances within twenty-four (24) hours of acceptance of the offer.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Knowledge (position requirements at entry):|
* Grass and plant care techniques;
* Turf management principles;
* Irrigation system operation, maintenance and repair;
* Flood control area principles;
* Landscape horticultural practices;
* Mowing practices and materials needed;
* Field dimensions and maintenance practices;
* Applicable equipment, safety practices and tools required;
* Identification of weeds/pests and eradication methods;
* Construction field;
* Cleaning chemicals, applications, protective equipment;
* Detail cleaning techniques, materials used, and personal protective equipment;
Skills (position requirements at entry):
* Operating light equipment, small tools, and cleaning equipment;
* Performing unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in construction and maintenance
* Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.