|Closing Date/Time:||Thu. 10/25/18 6:00 PM Arizona Time|
|Salary:||$20.92 - $29.28 Hourly|
$1,673.21 - $2,342.49 Biweekly
$43,503.44 - $60,904.77 Annually
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
Incumbents perform journey level, skilled maintenance and repair mechanic work on medium to heavy equipment, including diesel-powered equipment. May at times serve as lead to other fleet employees. Incumbents completes apparatus inspections and performs maintenance, testing, and repair on all types of firefighting equipment.
|Examples of Duties:|
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
Vocational Degree and four years of specialized mechanic experience of medium and heavy equipment, as well as passenger cars and trucks; must possess and maintain a valid class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL); combination of four (4) years experience repairing and maintaining Fire apparatus, heavy-duty trucks and construction equipment, or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Knowledge (position requirements at entry):|
* General mechanics, including the methods, materials, tools, and standard practices;
* Computer controlled systems, as related to engines , transmissions, body, etc.
* Equipment operations;
* Specialty areas such as hydraulics, pumps, A/C, gas and diesel engines, welding;
* Occupational hazards and safe work practices.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
* Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction;
* Diagnose and repair operations problems on light, medium, and heavy equipment and vehicles
* Prepare and maintain accurate work records of maintenance work;
* Perform the manual/physical essential functions.