Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Permit Technician|
|Closing Date/Time:||Thu. 08/29/19 6:00 PM Arizona Time|
|Salary:||$20.04 - $28.05 Hourly|
$41,677.86 - $58,348.96 Annually
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
Incumbents provide technical information to customers including interpretation of Town codes, ordinances, policies relating to setbacks, zoning, etc. and conduct plan review verification on permit submittals for accuracy and completion.
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
1. Accept,process,distribute submittals for building(all submittals), planning(signs/temporary use) and engineering(improvements, final plats, lots split, lot tie, revisions)depts. Includes creating project record, labels,file folders, calculating and collecting fees.
2. Maintain permit files and plans in accordance with approved record retention schedule
3. Responsible for all monies collected. All fees and receipt must be in each project file
4. Effectively evaluate, coordinate and organize high volume workload in order to prioritize work.
5. Participates and provides input with staff and supervisors concerning new or changing processes and systems
6. Issue building permits. Accurately and thoroughly complete data entry of all permits to include classification, occupancy load, square footages and permit and development fees
7. Talk to customers and assess their scope of work to provide all information needed to help customers meet their needs while maintaining Town standards
8. Prepare corrections from all department to be returned to applicant. This includes gathering all plans and comment sheets, compiling fees that are due, preparing transmittals, recording notification and pick up dates and collecting and cashing out all fee.
9. Provide information to inquiries for technical and public information
10. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
Associate's Degree and two years of building, engineering, architecture, planning or related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Knowledge (position requirements at entry):|
* Requirements regarding submission for permits;
* International Codes and the requirements for residential and commercial construction;
* Town codes, ordinances and policies and procedures; and Building Safety Procedural Handbook;
* Basic mathematics;
* Use of standard office equipment including the computer and programs relevant to the performance of applicable duties and responsibilities;
* Customer service principles.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
* Reading and interpreting maps, plats, blueprints, and drawings;
* Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
* Customer service.