Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Closing Date/Time:||Thu. 08/29/19 6:00 PM Arizona Time|
|Salary:||$31.40 - $45.53 Hourly|
$65,312.72 - $94,703.60 Annually
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
Incumbents manage complex projects in an area specific to the type of project managed. Incumbents may provide turn key project management including fiscal management, planning, team coordination, public involvement, design and construction management, and planning activities.
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
1. Manages major capital improvement projects to include oversight, review and approval of all work products generated by consultants and contractors;
2. Assists in preparing and/or approving studies, contract documents, plans and specifications, cost estimates, investigations, evaluations, reports, invoice approval, change orders, and other documents;
3. Oversees and may assist in performing public works and construction project management, including inspection activities of construction in the public right-of way;
4. Oversees and may assist in obtaining easements and other required construction related documents;
5. Prepares reports and completes and maintains records and files. Produces written documents in the English language with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar;
6. Perform design interpretation and conflict resolution on construction management projects;
7. Manages, organizes, coordinates, and monitors activities and functions of development projects in cooperation with other departments and outside agencies, contractors, and design professionals;
8. Attend staff and project meetings. Works cooperatively with other City employees and private organizations to facilitate project implementation and completion;
9. Develops program and project budgets, schedules, work plans, labor utilization, and cost estimates/projections;
10. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
Bachelor's Degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or a related field and three years of progressively responsible project management experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Knowledge (position requirements at entry):|
* Construction standards (MAG, Town, ADOT, MCDOT)
* Landscape architecture concepts and principles;
* Project development, scheduling, monitoring, and control systems.
* Mathematical computations.
* Federal, state, and local regulations related to Construction projects;
* Use of standard office equipment including the computer and programs relevant to the performance of applicable duties and responsibilities;
* Customer service principles.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
* Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.