Recreation Aide - Part Time ($11.23/hr.)
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Recreation Aide - Part Time ($11.23/hr.)|
|Job Type:||Part time Seasonal|
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
|IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ:|
This position requires regular mandatory weekday and weekend availability. Work schedule will vary depending on needs of the department. Only candidates available to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday and on weekends on a regular basis will be considered. Those only seeking summer employment will not be considered. The number of hours a week and schedule will vary. The position also requires assigned hours in an outdoor environment.
This recruitment will remain open until filled with the first review of applications on 4/30/2019 and weekly thereafter. This recruitment may close at any time after 4/30/2019 without notice.
This is the first level in a broad recreation series. Incumbents are responsible for providing direct care for clients and the general public in area of assignment.
General responsibilities include include performing duties associated with setting up, operating and opening/closing of Town facilities. Incumbents will be responsible for answering routine questions, greeting visitors, enforcing facility rules, park rules, crowd control, and serve in a Site Supervisor capacity.
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
1. Promotes Town programs and Town partner programs at community outreach events and provides general information about Town parks and facilities.
2. Maintains safety rules for participants in Town programs and security of recreation sites, recreation centers, facilities, and grounds.
3. Patrols Town buildings, facilities, parks and property to ensure compliance with rules, regulations, policies; reports damage, vandalism, misuse and graffiti.
4. Sets up needed equipment and supplies for games, classes, rentals and/or activities.
5. Ensures the safekeeping and monitoring of all equipment necessary for recreation programs/rentals; transports equipment and supplies to and from sites.
6. Promotes park cleanliness, checks and monitors park restrooms, activities, and rentals. General cleaning and maintenance of Town facilities as needed/directed.
8. May serve as lead over recreation programs and events.
9. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Additional duties when assigned as a Site Supervisor:
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
| Supplemental Information:|
|Licensing Requirements (positions in this class typically require):|
Some positions may require:
* CPR/First Aid/AED
This position has been identified as a safety-sensitive position by Human Resources, per State and/or Federal Law. Upon conditional offer of employment, the candidate selected will be required to undergo testing for alcohol and controlled substances within twenty-four (24) hours of the offer.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
* Recreation sports programs, youth activities and rule interpretation.
* Planning, organizing and problem solving.
* First aid methods and necessary safety precautions used in recreation programming.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
* Providing courteous and efficient service to the public and in responding to inquiries, complaints and requests in a fair, tactful and firm manner.
* Both verbal and written communication.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Operating basic computer programs.
* Ability to write reports and fill out forms.
* Using critical thinking and judgement while assessing situations.