Recreation Aide - Part Time ($12.00/hr.)
This is the first level in a broad recreation series. Incumbents are responsible for providing direct care for clients and the general public in area of assignment.
General responsibilities include include performing duties associated with setting up, operating and opening/closing of Town facilities. Incumbents will be responsible for answering routine questions, greeting visitors, enforcing facility rules, park rules, crowd control, and serve in a Site Supervisor capacity.
This recruitment will remain open until filled with the first review of applications occurring on 8/21/2020 and weekly thereafter. This recruitment may close at any time after 8/21/2020 without notice.
- Examples of Duties
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
1. Promotes Town programs and Town partner programs at community outreach events and provides general information about Town parks and facilities.
2. Maintains safety rules for participants in Town programs and security of recreation sites, recreation centers, facilities, and grounds.
3. Patrols Town buildings, facilities, parks and property to ensure compliance with rules, regulations, policies; reports damage, vandalism, misuse and graffiti.
4. Sets up needed equipment and supplies for games, classes, rentals and/or activities.
5. Ensures the safekeeping and monitoring of all equipment necessary for recreation programs/rentals; transports equipment and supplies to and from sites.
6. Promotes park cleanliness, checks and monitors park restrooms, activities, and rentals. General cleaning and maintaince of Town facilities as needed/directed.
8. May serve as lead over recreation programs and events.
9. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Additional duties when assigned as a Site Supervisor:
- Sets up apparatus and other equipment and issues supplies; preps athletic fields and ball diamonds.
- Participates in delivery of recreation programs; including interaction with participants
- Monitors sites, picking up paper and trash.
- Provides general cleaning of buildings and restrooms.
- Performs routine clerical functions such as delivering flyers and answering phones or general office work.
- Provides a safe and enjoyable recreational setting for individuals using the Town's facilities.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment. Report any malfunctioning equipment to the Supervisor.
- Typical Qualifications
Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Drivers license.
- Supplemental Information
Licensing Requirements (positions in this class typically require):
Some positions may require:
* CPR/First Aid/AED
This position has been identified as a safety-sensitive position by Human Resources, per State and/or Federal Law. Upon conditional offer of employment, the candidate selected will be required to undergo testing for alcohol and controlled substances within twenty-four (24) hours of the offer.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
* Recreation sports programs, youth activities and rule interpretation.
* Planning, organizing and problem solving.
* First aid methods and necessary safety precautions used in recreation programming.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
* Providing courteous and efficient service to the public and in responding to inquiries, complaints and requests in a fair, tactful and firm manner.
* Both verbal and written communication.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Operating basic computer programs.
* Ability to write reports and fill out forms.
* Using critical thinking and judgement while assessing situations.