Recreation Aide - Part Time Seasonal ($11.00/hr.)
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Recreation Aide - Part Time Seasonal ($11.00/hr.)|
|Closing Date/Time:||Wed. 02/27/19 6:00 PM Arizona Time|
|Job Type:||Part time Seasonal|
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
|IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ:|
This position requires REGULAR mandatory weekday availability and weekend availability. Work schedule will vary depending on needs of the department. Only candidates available to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday, mornings or afternoons, and on weekends on a REGULAR basis will be considered. Those only seeking summer employment will not be considered. The number of hours a week and schedule vary. EXTREME flexibility is a must. The position also requires assigned hours in an outdoor environment.
This is the first level in a broad recreation series. Incumbents are responsible for providing direct care for clients and the general public in area of assignment.
General responsibilities include promotion of Town programs and Town partner programs at community outreach events and primarily at the Town's splash pad. Incumbents will be responsible for answering routine questions, greeting visitors, enforcing splash pad rules, park rules, crowd control, and be splash pad lead staff.
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
1. Promotes Town programs and Town partner programs at community outreach events and provides general information about Town parks and facilities.
2. Supervises use of splash pad to ensure participant safety, and that facility rules are being followed.
3. Enforces splash pad policies such as no food drink or running in the play area.
4. Provides a safe and enjoyable recreational setting for individuals using the Town's splash pad.
5. Performs routine maintenance on equipment (i.e. hourly water quality checks). Report any malfunctioning equipment to the Supervisor.
6. Maintains safety rules for participants in Town programs and for security of recreation sites, recreation centers, facilities, and grounds.
7. Opens and closes Town facilities, such as the Town Hall, Recreation Annex, Library, and ball fields.
8. Sets up tables, chairs, TV, audio and electronic equipment, and equipment for games, classes and activities.
9. Ensures the safekeeping and monitoring of all equipment necessary for the program; transports equipment and supplies to and from sites.
10. Maintains records on the issuance, use and care of all equipment and supplies related to the programs and games.
11. Interacts in a helpful, positive manner with the public; provides accurate information and responds to public inquiries about recreation programs and the application of park and games rules; provides prompt and courteous customer service in the front desk area in person, on telephone; assists customers with recreation program registrations.
12. May serve as lead over recreation programs and events.
13. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
Completion of 10th Grade (ability to read, write, and follow directions), and six (6) months of experience in sports, recreation or youth activity environment; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully performing essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Licensing Requirements (positions in this class typically require):|
Some positions may require:
* CPR/First Aid/AED
This position has been identified as a safety-sensitive position by Human Resources, per State and/or Federal Law. Upon conditional offer of employment, the candidate selected will be required to undergo testing for alcohol and controlled substances within twenty-four (24) hours of the offer.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
* Recreation sports programs, youth activities and rule interpretation.
* Equipment and supplies used in youth and adult sports, games and activities.
* First aid methods and necessary safety precautions used in recreation programming.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
* Supervising multiple games and activities simultaneously.
* Providing courteous and efficient service to the public and in responding to inquiries, complaints and requests in a fair, tactful and firm manner.
* Both verbal and written communication.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Operating basic computer programs.