Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Revenue Analyst|
|Salary:||$70,539.82 - $102,282.82 Annually |
|Location:||22358 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Arizona|
********************************* IMPORTANT INFORMATION ************************************
This recruitment will remain open until filled with the first review of applications on 6/20/19 and weekly thereafter.
This recruitment may close at any time after 6/20/19 without notice.
Please note: Revenue Analyst is the working job title. The job classification is Senior Financial Services Analyst.
This is a full journey-level professional class. Incumbents are required to fully understand, interpret and apply the principles, standards and practices of governmental accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial reporting and financial forecasting. Incumbents prepare projections and conduct forecasting and must understand governmental accounting systems and the flow of transactions between systems in order to extract and manipulate data for required reports. Duties also include preparing monthly financial reports and formal budget documents including CIP, revenue and expense projections, final reports, presentations and other specialized reports and analysis for management, Town Council, and outside agencies.
When assigned as the CIP Analyst, incumbent also performs accounting and analysis work in the areas of capital projects and long-term debt, utilizing knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements, and industry standards and best practices.
When assigned as the Revenue Analyst, develops and maintains financial models to monitor and forecast Town non-utility revenues, such as sales tax, state shared revenue and property tax, and performs complex analysis and develops forecasts related to the Town's residential and commercial growth.
Work requires considerable initiative and independent judgment in applying financial principles and analysis concepts specific to budgeting, accounting and financial systems.
|Examples of Duties:|
|TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)|
When assigned to Revenue Analyst duties:1. Creates financial models to use for forecasting revenues related to sales tax, state shared revenues, building permitting revenues, and property tax revenues; performs retrospective and predictive data modeling;
2. Forecasts residential and commercial growth and resulting effects to town revenues; develops and updates build out estimates based on land use assumptions included in the General Plan; tracks developed commercial square footage inventories and valuations within town limits;
3. Analyzes sales tax records and historical data to provide input on revenue trends for the town; monitors the performance of new retail establishments; tracks various categories of taxpayers to identify trends and develop forecasts; performs budget to actual monitoring of sales tax receipts and reports monthly on results and drivers;
4. Monitors, analyzes and forecasts property tax; analyzes the impact of changes to County assessor data; develops new construction property tax estimates;
5. Analyzes annexation applications for fiscal impact to town revenues and expenses; prepares formal reports with results;
6. Works closely with other Town departments on annexations, building permits and business licenses; verifies that all annexed properties are included on property tax rolls and are collecting the appropriate sales taxes;
7. Analyzes the economic impact on local revenues of proposed legislation, regulations and policies;
8. Analyzes socio-economic factors to develop population/migration trends and forecasts, demographic trends, and various economic indicators and their effects on town revenues;
9. Establishes methodologies and concepts for collecting and processing data using knowledge of available sources of information and econometrics;
10. Performs ad-hoc and automated reporting to provide insight into revenue results;
11. Performs data cleaning and manipulation; data sorting, filtering, joining, and merging of large amounts of revenue data;
12. Develops economic procedures and plans that are used in forecasting trends and formulating policies;
13. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
| Typical Qualifications:|
|Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):|
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and four years journey level experience related to area of assignment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Master's Degree preferred.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Knowledge (position requirements at entry):|
Skills (position requirements at entry):